The World Economy: A Mild Slowdown or Something More Problematic?
Please join Global Insight to hear perspectives from world-class experts on the near- and medium-term risks facing the global economy and their implications for business and governments.
- Is slowing global growth the beginning of a more serious downturn?
- Can we reasonably expect to see a transition from U.S.-led to Europe- or Japan-led growth soon?
- Are U.S. prospects likely to be hurt by declining productivity growth and rising income inequality?
- Will "resource nationalism" reduce the security of energy supplies?
- What are the likely social, economic, and political impacts of immigration in the United States and Europe?
- Does the recent volatility in financial and commodities markets portend another emerging markets crisis?
- Which industries are most at risk in a slowing global economy?
A number of highly valued guest speakers will present their views, along with Global Insight's expert economists and analysts. Global Insight will also host a Members' Dinner for conference attendees on the evening of
25 October at the renowned Corcoran Gallery of Art. We hope you will join us for this special evening. Attendance to the Members' Dinner is included in the conference registration.
A detailed agenda will be posted shortly.