Looking Beyond the Soft Landing: The Competitive Landscape of the Global Economy
Please join Global Insight to hear perspectives from world-class experts on the near- and medium-term risks facing the global economy and their implications for business and governments.
- How well can the world economy cope with export-led growth in the United States?
- When will the euro challenge the dollar as a principal reserve currency?
- Can Europe improve its competitiveness by following the example of Germany?
- What are the implications of the changing geopolitical balance?
- Are crime and corruption a serious threat to growth prospects in emerging markets—and developed
ones as well?
- Where are the better long-term investment opportunities: China or India?
We are pleased that Robert Kagan, American foreign policy and domestic policy expert, will join us for a special session on the changing geopolitical balance. Kagan is the author of the international bestseller Of Paradise and Power: America and Europe in the New World Order and is a monthly columnist for the Washington Post. In addition, a number of highly valued guest speakers will join Global Insight's expert economists and analysts to present their views. Global Insight will also host a Members' Dinner for conference attendees on the evening of
9 May as we cruise along the River Seine. We hope you will join us for this special evening. Attendance to the Members' Dinner is included in the conference registration.
A detailed agenda will be posted shortly.