No one can predict the future with absolute certainty. Today there are several possible oil price scenarios that have a credible market development path, but none of these can be confidently called a prediction and used in isolation for planning purposes.
Global Insight's newly enhanced annual Global Petroleum Outlook presents three long-term oil market scenarios�Market Remanaged, Supply Constrained, and Cornucopia�each focused on:
- Future demand
- OPEC and non-OPEC production
- Non-conventional oil production
- OPEC spare capacity
- The price paths that would ensue
These 20-year scenario forecasts are supplemented with regular "signposts" updates indicating how and where oil markets are moving. This combination of in-depth analysis and ongoing assessment updates offers an independent, comprehensive and unbiased long-term oil outlook.
- Annual report and access via Global Insight's Web site
- Quarterly conference calls discussing relevant market updates and signpost monitoring, as well as a summary presentation and in-depth discussion of the main report
- Interim update report
To receive a free preview of the three-scenarios featured in this year's Global Petroleum Outlook, click here.